Re: [Gegl-developer] Path to the GIMP

oops.  Sent the last mail a little early.

Also, I don't like the idea of temporary ops. I think ops should be persistent and creating an linking in a temp op, which I think of as a pretty heavyweight operation seems pretty wasteful.

So, what I think of as a better idea is either:

Create an interface, which provides all the proper procedural drawing routines.
and/or
Create an interface which lets you get a writable image, and let writes to that image be handled by the op in an approiate way.

I think the later is good anway because it makes it easier to make gegl intereact with objects outside of gegl. IT makes the whole system more flexable (and eases the transistion for the gimp). It like it.

--
Dan