[Gegl-developer] Path to the GIMP

Hi,

I hope people don't think it's out of place for me to make this
suggestion. If so, I guess ye'll just ignore it anyway...

I think it might be useful for gegl, as well as for the GIMP, to
have a clear roadmap of things that absolutely, positively must
get done before the GIMP can use gegl. I don't really know what
those things are, but I imagine that finishing GeglImage is one,
although that goal is probably too vague to be a proper
milestone.

It would be interesting to have a number of measurable
milestones, and to start releasing gegl pretty soon. I suppose
that one of the things that will be needed when releases start
will be documentation on the philosophy and usage of the library.

What do ye think? Do ye feel that gegl is small enough not to
have any releases until it's actually at a stage where twe can
use it? In any case, measuring what's required before we can use
it is, I think, worthwhile.

Cheers, and a good weekend to all,
Dave.

--