Re: [Gegl-developer] Path to the GIMP

Calvin Williamson wrote:

Interesting. Yes. Very similar.

Well, the long email I wrote just now was aguing exactly the opposite. It is similar in that it tends to do the same thing, but with a cleaner api and such. pippin and I have been talking in IRC which is why his api is rather similar to what I am suggesting we do (there there are important differents).

> In fact if we want a very minimal gobject style system, we
can get rid of the "apply" call on the node altogether
and make the pull happen when someone does a regular
gobject get on an output property of a node.

Yes, but you can do better than that. Well, for one thing, you can make it so that only the tiles that are requested are pulled exactly when you request them.

Agreed. They should be unbounded, so you can request any
regions on the image, and it still works.

As outlined just now (in my previous email), I totally agree.

--
Dan