Re: [Gegl-developer] my design notes on the class list

Sven Neumann wrote:
you are not mistaken. GObject interfaces are very similar to Java
interfaces (as far as my knowledge of Java goes) and they can have a
default implementation. The only drawback is that there is no way for
a derived interface to chain up to the parent implementation. In
GIMP-1.3 we have solved this problem by making the defaul
implementation a public function so that derived interfaces can call
it from their implementation. If you are interested, have a look at
the gimp/app/config directory.

Salut, Sven

If you wanted to chain up, could you do something like this to the the functions to chain to?

GTypeInterface* foo=g_type_interface_peek(instance_class,iface_type);
MyIterface* default_interface_impl = g_object_new(foo, . . .);

or to get the implementation of a parent instance type:
GTypeInterface* foo=g_type_interface_peek_parent(instance_class,iface_type);
MyIterface* parent_interface_impl = g_object_new(foo, ...);