Re: [Gegl-developer] my design notes on the class list

Hi,

Calvin Williamson <calvinw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Ive just been looking at the GInterface stuff in Glib. I
> didnt know that these were actually closer to what is called
> "signatures" for gcc. They are kind of like Java interfaces,
> but they can actually have default method implementations
> as well, if I am not mistaken. I am looking at testgobject.c in
> glib/gobject directory to see this.

you are not mistaken. GObject interfaces are very similar to Java
interfaces (as far as my knowledge of Java goes) and they can have a
default implementation. The only drawback is that there is no way for
a derived interface to chain up to the parent implementation. In
GIMP-1.3 we have solved this problem by making the defaul
implementation a public function so that derived interfaces can call
it from their implementation. If you are interested, have a look at
the gimp/app/config directory.

Salut, Sven