Accessing location_t on type_required attribute inside handler in plugin

Hello,

I'm new to exploring gcc internals and have run into an issue. I am adding
an
attribute which should go on types (attribute_spec.type_required = true),
like
`__attribute__(test) int a`. I need to report errors inside the
attribute_spec
handler, and these errors should refer to this specific application of the
attribute and not the type declaration of `int`. It seems like only
declarations have source location information. I guess it is this way since
no
attribute usually needs the location.

Is there some other way for me to access the 'last known location' or do I
need to patch it in?

Thank you in advance,
Olle