Re: Compilation of lengthy C++ Files

Thank you to Jonathan and Paul for clarifying the scope of the discussion.
I was under the impression that the goal was to move the subject at "if
your code is too long you have to refactor it", which I interpreted after
all as "you must be doing something wrong". Because we both proceeded by
alternately replying with the same piece of information.

Today I did implement a cpp program that will evaluate a file containing a
formula of length N and its derivative in O(N), compiled with GCC :D. Of
course my program can only treat very trivial files and is slow but for
most of my tasks that does not matter. I understand (and needless to say
couldn't do it better) that it may just be for now a too difficult problem
to actually compile lengthy cpp. The question that I was targeting at is:
What can I realistically do (implying that refactoring in the remaining
project's period appears nonviable)? The formula evaluator programs helps
for a subset of these problems, clearly. Are there languages with similar
capabilities to cpp that I could generate into equivalently and that are as
easy to learn (i.e., excluding assembly or any languages that won't permit
templates or flexible types)?

My initial phrasing of "how can I complie my code?" was wrong as I can see
now. It should have been "how can I somehow just make it so I can evaluate
it?, particularly when I see myself unable for now to transform it into
equivalent shorter code?"