Re: Some errors occurred when building Linux 2.4.36 Kernel used for building cross-compiler

HI, Kai,

I joined this company two months ago and began to work on this project.

On i686  single board computer (Linux 2.4.36.1), there are shared libraries but there are not any head files. One software product of our company runs on it. My work is going to add a new feature into the software product of our company. But the original developer for this software product left the company. There are some files missing.

My plan is to build a cross compiler first and then use this cross compiler to build the source codes of software product of our  company so that it can run on i686 SBC.

I have tested it. I wrote the "Hello World!" C codes and built it with gcc.11.4.0. However it cannot run on i868. The following error message is given below:

./hello:1: Syntax error: word expected (expecting ")")

I hope someone can help me with this matter and share your ideas on how to handle it,  so that I can succeed to build a cross compiler for i686 SBC with Linux 2.4.36.1.

This is the reason I want to rebuild Linux kernel 2.4.36.1.

Thanks & regards,

Dingjun