Re: Some errors occurred when building Linux 2.4.36 Kernel used for building cross-compiler

Dingjun Chen kirjoitti 12.10.2023 klo 21.42:
I want to build Linux 2.4.X kernel (head files and its libraries) in order to build a cross compiler GCC.
it requests the gcc version currently used on my host machine is less than 4.2.

I really want to build a cross-compiler in order to run our 32-bit application on i686 single board computer,
which has the following information:

model name  : Mobile Intel(R) Celeron(TM) CPU          650MHz
Ok, you can get some information from your target Linux system... What about trying to find out what is the 'Linux' now running on it?  For instance what does the 'libc.so.6' usually in '/lib' will tell if you run './libc.so.6' in it?

If you have only the shared runtime libraries for your target system but no development headers and libraries, neither the '/usr/include/asm*' and '/usr/include/linux' kernel headers, could you tell why you don't have them? If you have all this mentioned stuff required for a cross GCC for your target system, it is hard to understand why you want to rebuild it all from
the sources.