Re: How to fix these errors with glibc 2.37?

Dingjun Chen kirjoitti 11.10.2023 klo 15.20:
Hi, guys,

I want to install glibc 2.37 for 32-bit applications.
Is this unrelated to your goal to produce a crosscompiler for the
"RTD single board computer with Linux 2.4.36.1 2009, i686"?

If not, why you are trying to produce a new glibc from scratch?
Doesn't the RTD Linux system already have its own glibc-<something>,
prebuilt and "acid tested"? If it has, why you don't want to use it in
the crosscompiler as the target C library?

   However, there are some errors occurred and please see below for details.

I enter the following command in the build directory: build_glibc

  ../glibc-2.37/configure --prefix=/usr/glibc2.37 CC="gcc -m32" CFLAGS="-O3"
Using some other $prefix than the '/usr' in glibc build is rare. Most people want it to serve as the 'run-time library' in the produced "own Linux distro" and also as the 'development library' in the native tools on the 'own Linux distro' and in the crosstools
for this 'own Linux distro' on other development hosts.

If you still want crosstools for producing executables for the existing RTD Linux system "as it is now", then just copy its own glibc into your crosstoolchain as the "target C library", and not try to replace it with something "self-made". Whatever the "we want to make a better world"-people in the net are trying to suggest - "destroy everything created by the capitalism and start everything from absolute scratch!", please don't believe them.

Ok, via the document :
https://www.rtd.com/NEW_appnote/LinuxSupport_SWM640000020F.pdf
I understood that RTD doesn't provide any "RTD Linux distro" but trusts the common Linux distros like Debian, RedHat, SuSE etc being installable on its single board computers. So your first task would be to find out which Linux distro you have on your target system.