From: Florian Weimer [mailto:fweimer@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, April 28, 2023 11:06 AM
To: MIAH, Shahad via Gcc-help <gcc-help@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: MIAH, Shahad <shahad.miah@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: GnuPG & GNU GCC Compiler

* Shahad via Gcc-help MIAH:

> My employer are currently using following application: GnuPG version
> 4.0 & GNU GCC Compiler version 1.0 and we are in the process of
> reviewing all our desktop applications therefore we would like to know
> if this version is still be supported with patches and security
> updates? and if so can you please advise when will this support end?

If you mean GCC 4.0 and GnuPG 1.0, these versions are very old.  I doubt you will be able to find commercial support for them at this point.  The upstream projects definitely have moved on.  The last commit to the GCC
4.0 branch not related to release engineering was in January 2007.

You also need to check if ongoing upstream maintenance statisfies your needs, or if you need support from an internal team or a commercial vendor (usually it's one of the latter two).

Thanks,
Florian

This email (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information or information otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, do not copy this message or any attachments and do not use it for any purpose or disclose its content to any person, but delete this message and any attachments from your system. Airbus Defence and Space Limited disclaims any and all liability if this email transmission was virus corrupted, altered or falsified.
-o-
Emails to Airbus Defence and Space Limited may be processed, recorded and monitored outside the UK.
-o-
Airbus Defence and Space Limited, Registered in England and Wales No. 2449259