Re: GnuPG & GNU GCC Compiler

* Shahad via Gcc-help MIAH:

> My employer are currently using following application: GnuPG version
> 4.0 & GNU GCC Compiler version 1.0 and we are in the process of
> reviewing all our desktop applications therefore we would like to know
> if this version is still be supported with patches and security
> updates? and if so can you please advise when will this support end?

If you mean GCC 4.0 and GnuPG 1.0, these versions are very old.  I doubt
you will be able to find commercial support for them at this point.  The
upstream projects definitely have moved on.  The last commit to the GCC
4.0 branch not related to release engineering was in January 2007.

You also need to check if ongoing upstream maintenance statisfies your
needs, or if you need support from an internal team or a commercial
vendor (usually it's one of the latter two).

Thanks,
Florian