Re: Configuring GCC 10.3 on PPC Mac OS X 10.4.11/Tiger for build reveals flaws in configure scripts

On Fri, Nov 25, 2022 at 05:50:56PM +0100, Peter Dyballa wrote:
> > Am 25.11.2022 um 16:56 schrieb Segher Boessenkool <segher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > Also, GCC 10.4 was released over a month ago, please use that?
> > Any problem in previous minor releases might already be fixed
>
> I can try. I was asked to try to build the MacPorts package, or "port", gcc10-bootstrap to help solve another problem on PPC Tiger/Mac OS X 10.4.11 I've seen that GCC 10.4 was out and I now know that MacPorts supports this version too:

Ah.  I don't know what modifications they make, but our compilers should
work without any of that.  You could try with what we distribute, and
get help from us ;-)

The problems you encountered with the modified source code you tried
might happen with unmodified code just the same, but it is hard to know
for sure unless you try, and support is much harder than needed with
unknown modified code :-(

Segher