Re: How to move gcc to compile to my own architecture?

On Fri, 16 Sept 2022 at 17:05, Chengyin Yao via Gcc-help
<gcc-help@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yea so I'm just wondering, how to compile gcc to (my own) architecture cpu that has a completely different architecture?

I'm not sure what you mean by "move gcc", and what is this "completely
different architecture"? The best answers depend on what you mean.

Have you created your own CPU with its own instruction set? Then you
want to "port" GCC (and binutils for the assembler and linker) to your
architecture. That's quite a lot of work. You could start by reading
https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gccint/Back-End.html and
https://wiki.osdev.org/Porting_GCC_to_your_OS