From: Navid Rahimi <navidrahimi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2022 6:27 PM
To: gcc-help@xxxxxxxxxxx <gcc-help@xxxxxxxxxxx>; Edgar Mobile <heideggm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Try to understand output of -fdump-ipa-inline

Have you tried to make a similar example? What I do in this situation is try to replicate exact situation but in a smaller case.

Inlining decision happens in multiple levels. It is hard to find out what is the exact reason this way.

Just as experiment, try it with always_inline [1] too.

1. https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Common-Function-Attributes.html

Best wishes,
Navid.