New in gcc compiler develment

Hello all,

I am starting to work on GCC backend development. I have some issues right now,
if any of you could help me on that.

1. I managed to compile my backend, and run a simple program through it. However,
   - It is using a frame pointer. (It does not eliminate it.)
   - Arguments of functions are declared in registers, but at the start of the subroutine,
     it puts the arguments on the stack.
   - I think it is related with DWARF2 debug format, I tried to disable it, but could not find it.

2. Is there a way to get verbose messages out of the compiler, to help during debug ?. 3. Is there some manual/description on how to run the compiler verification suites ?.

Best Regards,

Henri.