Re: Really want a simple fully free pure x64 operating system i build myself

On 12/5/19 10:41 PM, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Dec 2019 at 04:39, <skah@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hello
>>

>> I really want a fully free operating system i build myself. I wonder how
>> to "make" a minimalist, generic, and pure x64 GCC-7.5.0 with good
>> support for C and C++. Next i will mostly build recent softwares, only
>> from GNU, and run a free Linux kernel.
>>
>> Can you give me an example usage of the "configure" script with some
>> explanations if you have some times.
> http://linuxfromscratch.org/ might be the best place to look for
> details on bootstrapping an entire OS yourself.

Another resource is Cross Linux From Scratch https://trac.clfs.org/wiki/read
Although their focus is bootstrapping the OS from different types of machine architectures,
their material is formatted similarly to Linux From Scratch, and can give you other insights
into the type of project you want to do.