Re: about gcc native on Microsoft Windows

On 9/24/2019 11:18 AM, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
On Tue, 24 Sep 2019 at 16:04, Arie anony wrote:

I have tried many options to get latest gcc for Windows 10 no via MinGW,
CpgWin and other and not found how do it exactly.
I want to build native gcc for Windows, can also via Linux or WSL and then
move to run on Windows.
Is GCC build from source support also build for Windows or only POSIX
compliment operating systems as UNIX, Unix-like and linux?
I have asked also here:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/58068543/how-to-build-or-get-a-original-latest-version-of-gcc-for-windows

You'll need to build it the same way that MinGW and mingw-w64 do it,
but using the latest gcc instead of the gcc 8.x package they use.

You can't just build GCC on Windows, it's only possible using either
mingw or cygwin.

The original poster can build for mingw-w64 most any released version of gcc, including currently the gcc 9 branch and gcc-9.1 and gcc-9.2, using the scripts provided in the 'develop' branch at https://github.com/niXman/mingw-builds/tree/develop under MSYS2 on Windows. I have done so for mingw-w64/gcc-9.1 and mingw-w64/gcc-9.2, among others, successfully. I do not know who niXman is, but he is supportive.