Re: xgcc, ICE, and how to script -O changes

Hi!

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 15:36:56 +0100, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 at 15:00, Brian Groose <bgroose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > I'm building gcc 8.3.0 cross compiled for HPUX ia64 and I get a few
> > dozen ICEs in xgcc during the build.  For all of them, the ICE happens
> > at -O1 and -O2, but not at -O0 and -O3.  It's mostly libssp.c, all of
> > c++98, all of c++11, and a few other gcov-*.c files.  And libgomp, but
> > those ICE at every -O level, so I've just disabled it.
> >
> > While it would be great if these could be fixed, I'm happy to just
> > compile these files at -O0 or -O3 if that allows things to work as-is.
> >
> > My issue is that I'd like to be able to script this logic instead of
> > manually having to re-run xgcc or libtool with the extra-O flag on the
> > end.
> >
> > I tried adding '#pragma GCC optimize "-O0"' to the top of the
>
> What about:
>
> // { dg-options "-O0" }
>
> instead?

No, as I understand, he's looking to compile GCC's own files without
optimizations.

Putting '#pragma GCC optimize "O0"' on top of GCC implementation files is
a technique that I myself use, and that works.  So the problem must be
something else.

Grüße
 Thomas