Re: Which spec has defined the calling sequence of static C functions (like the extern C functions' has been defined in the Sys V ABI specs)?

On 12/29/18 12:53 PM, Remus Clearwater wrote:
> B. The calling of those un-inlined static C functions does not have to
> comply with the function calling sequence defined in the ABI spec. And
> because the calling of the function pointers which are pointing to the
> static C functions has to work correctly as the C standard described, so it
> is the compiler's free will to decide any "calling sequence" that as long
> as could satisfy both the Sys V ABI and the C standard.

B is correct. We don't care about function pointers because we know if a
static function has its address takes in the same compilation unit in
which it appears. If it has not had its address taken, we don't have
to care about the system ABI. If it has, then we need to use the system
ABI.

--
Andrew Haley
Java Platform Lead Engineer