Re: Help required for GCC structure variable assignment optimization

Hello,

I see that this strategy adds extra instructions to my binary assembly.
Is there any way, I can instruct GCC to make reference to just memcpy.

I see there are various other function calls in my program but none of them
have PLT suffix. My binary is a standalone binary in which I am providing
memcpy
implementation. Why is it that just GCC inserted optimization of calling
memcpy for
structure variable assignment results in memcpy@PLT to be put in assembly?