Re: GCC 8 released but not successful ?

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 01:57:25AM +0800, Xi Ruoyao wrote:
> I think the issue is: most people building and testing GCC are trying out
> experimental version from SVN trunk.  LFS guys (like me) build GCC releases,
> but the test result in LFS chroot environment is not accurate (without GDB,
> and we can't send the result because we don't have mail clients in chroot).

You can send the result.  The shell script generated by contrib/test_summary
can be run on another (virtual) machine, one with working mail; and you
can invoke contrib/test_summary with the -t flag (to disable renaming the
sent logs, you don't have those files on this other machine), or simply
edit the generated script by hand (you want to make sure the sender is
correct, too, etc.)

Or even paste the test results into whatever mail client.  It is just text
(other than the few lines at the start and the end), there is no magic.

Segher