g++-arm-none-eabi system includes and implicit extern "C"

With regard to compiling with warnings as errors (-Werror), I've been
disabling warnings from some header files by including them through
"-isystem". However, with g++-arm-none-eabi-4.9 (downloaded from
https://launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded/+download) it seems that files
included from paths listed as "-isystem" are implicitly considered
'extern "C"'. This is causing some issues with (for instance) "error:
template with C linkage". I learned of this through a mailing list
thread:

https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2012-06/msg01159.html

If I include these directories with -I, and I exclude "-Werror" (so
that warnings are not treated as errors) then I can compile. I'm
wondering if there are any options that would allow me to continue
treating warnings as errors, except for (third_party) headers that are
out of my control, without implicitly treating those headers with
'extern "C"'?

Thanks for any help!