Re: finding the data file

I'm not a win user, but it looks to me like your problem is that on one
machine the file is located at
D:\\Program Files\\ArbolOne\\Sound\\KimPossible.wav
and on the other at
C:\\Program Files\\ArbolOne\\Sound\\KimPossible.wav

You could solve this problem by using relative path. Your executable is
located at D:\\Program Files\\ArbolOne\\Sounds.exe if launched
appropriately it's working dir would be D:\\Program Files\\ArbolOne\\
(or C:\\...) and could reach the file by opening Sound\\KimPossible.wav

Now, it would probably be better to sense from the working directory
only the drive letter, or possibly even check for existence of each of
the files and choosing what to play accordingly.