Sent: Thursday, June 18, 2015 4:15 PM
To: MinGW-64 Mailinglist ; gcc-help Mailing List
Subject: [Mingw-w64-public] finding the data file

This question is exclusively for Win users.
OK, having said that, I have a desktop and a laptop. In the desktop I use
MinGW64 and the GCC compier as well as CodeBlock, but on the laptop I use
VS2015 and VC++. In my desktop I wrote a program that plays a sound file,
the structure of the file directory is like so:
D:

Program Files {parent directory}
ArbolOne ( folder )
|__ Sound ( folder )
|_____Sounds.exe

In my application the code looks like this:

player->Play(L"D:\\Program Files\\ArbolOne\\Sound\\KimPossible.wav");

This works perfect on my desktop, but the directory tree in my laptop looks
like this
C:

Program File {parent directory}
ArbolOne ( folder )
|__ Sound ( folder )
|_____Sounds.exe

You see the problem now, I need to some how create in my program a variable
that points to ArbolOne, since in both machines have a Global System
Variable called
%ARBOLONE%
which points to the location of the ArbolOne folder.
Does any one here know how to unravel this problem.

Thanks