Re: Potential builtin memcpy bug in 4.9

[redirect to gcc-help]

On 10/03/15 21:01, Zan Lynx wrote:
> Looking for some ideas. Maybe someone could audit the ASM code for the
> memcpy builtin, see if anything jumps out at you. I haven't tried that
> yet. Is it all one piece, or is it multiple chunks? Could it have bad
> ASM specifications which are allowing the optimizer to write into a
> register that should be preserve?

We can't really do anything without a way to reproduce the problem.
We don't even know the source which generated this.  The naked
assembly code makes no sense if you can't see the source.

The fact that you I can't seem to build a stand-alone example is a
huge clue.  It tells me that the real problem may be elsewhere.  Did
you compile with -Wall?  Any warnings?

Andrew.