Re: Android Native GCC 4.9.2 Build Fails at Dynamic libgcc

On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 3:34 AM, Andrew Haley <aph@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Update: The link map isn't generated in the 4.9 build dir because...I
>>> suspect...of the original error.  The link map IS generated in the 4.8
>>> build dir, but grep "dlopen" mapfile yields zero results.  I'm running
>>> make clean && make to see if more helpfulndata is generated
>>
>> And nada.  Zilch.  To be on the safe side I cat-ed through the map
>> file...no reference to dlopen anywhere.  And, as mentioned earlier, no
>> mapfile is generated for the 4.9 libgcc build.
>> I'm going to go back a step and add the -Wl,-Map=mapfile flag to both
>> the 4.9 and 4.8 gcc Makefiles and run make clean && make, but if you
>> or anyone else watching this email thread have a better suggestion
>> please let me know.
>
> Aha!  So 4.8 doesn't call dlopen(), but 4.9 does.
>
> Which input file in 4.9 contains the call to dlopen() ?  See if
> it is different in 4.8.
>
> Andrew.

Good to know someone else is as excited by troubleshooting.

Unfortunately...unless i'm reading the map file incorrectly, which is
possible as i'm unfamiliar with the structure...the same file for both
has the call to
dlopen.../usr/gcc-4.8.3/sysroot/usr/lib/crtbegin_dynamic.o