Re: Common simd instructions and the gcc vector extensions

On Sun, 15 Jun 2014, Hendrik Siedelmann wrote:

On 14.06.2014 21:34, Marc Glisse wrote:
On Sat, 14 Jun 2014, Hendrik Siedelmann wrote:

I'm trying to use the vector extensions, but I'm unable to find common
functions like min/max or saturated arithmetic. Given that those are
pretty essential simd instructions I expected something like
_builtin_min(). Are there other ways to express those instructions?

Did you try (a<b)?a:b ?

You mean element-wise?

No.

That doesn't get vectorized for some reason.

Some versions are (one of the vectors involved has to be non-local). I hope this limitation will be lifted some day.

Or do you mean with whole vectors? That complains with: error: used vector type where scalar is required

That's only supported in C++, sorry.

Are there tricks like this for saturated arithmetics?

I am not familiar with that so I cannot answer.

--
Marc Glisse