Re: Common simd instructions and the gcc vector extensions

On 14.06.2014 21:34, Marc Glisse wrote:
On Sat, 14 Jun 2014, Hendrik Siedelmann wrote:

I'm trying to use the vector extensions, but I'm unable to find common
functions like min/max or saturated arithmetic. Given that those are
pretty essential simd instructions I expected something like
_builtin_min(). Are there other ways to express those instructions?

Did you try (a<b)?a:b ?

You mean element-wise? That doesn't get vectorized for some reason. Or do you mean with whole vectors? That complains with:
error: used vector type where scalar is required
Are there tricks like this for saturated arithmetics?

Thanks
Hendrik