Re: Building gcc-4.8.3 on ppc64

On 07/06/2014 11:08 PM, Dennis Clarke wrote:
I do have a question for you fellow ppc user. Does your PowerMac G5 decide to go into some weird power mode with the fans going nuts and then it is non-responsive? If I turn the monitor off for the ppc PowerMac G5 then it goes just bonkers after a few hours and with the fans screaming. If I leave the monitor connected and powered on, which I do not need, it seems fine. Weirdest behavior I have ever seen. Ever heard of it ?

No, I don't have that problem. One strange thing is that when I'm in the Debian desktop, it won't let me turn off my monitor (an HP ZR24w). When I press the power button on the monitor, a message appears saying, "Power button lockout". So, I unplugged the monitor and left the machine running overnight, but I didn't get the problem you describe.

Jeff