Re: g++ running async???

Hi,

I tried the suggestion below. And sync() does the trick. So seems not to be
a problem of gcc but rather of the kernel. I consider this only a
workaround, because flushing a system-wide cache in such a standard
situation seems a littel over-kill. But that belongs in a another list.
Or might it be that g++ takes control of the flushing-behaviour but forgets
in the end that it cannot rely on the standard flush-on-process-end?

Moritz

-----

Hi.

Have you tried to call sync(2)/sync(8) between g++ and ar calls? To make
sure that this is not a file system buffer in kernel.

Marcin