Re: immediate operands without dollar sign for inline asm

I haven't had much (actually any) response from the gcc doc people about
this effort.
I responded.

Sorry, I didn't realize you were on the doc team. Reading the maintainers list, I was expecting Gerald or Joseph.

I reviewed part of it, and there were significant
technical inaccuracies that had to be addressed before the changes
were considered for inclusion.

Yes, you did make a couple comments regarding a brief section of the docs. However, after I corrected those issues, you were no longer responsive. Are you ready to provide additional feedback?

Other comments I have received from this work (here and elsewhere) have been generally positive. While I don't believe any of these people have the same in-depth technical knowledge of gcc that you do, the impression I got was that this work was seen as a huge improvement over the existing docs.

But perhaps someday these updates can be rolled back into the docs.
Perhaps.  What is your copyright assignment status?

I have an assignment form for gcc on file with the FSF.

If you are willing to take the time to review this work, I would be interested in any feedback you'd care to give. However if you are going to review this, give me a day or two to bring them up to speed. I'd want to sync it with the current builds, and give it one last read to see if letting this sit for 8 months (yes, it has been nearly that long) gives me any new perspective.

After that, just let me know what feedback process works best for you: Sending emails, me providing you the texi file so you can make changes directly, phone call, etc.

dw