Re: immediate operands without dollar sign for inline asm

I also found the gcc docs for asm to be very limited, so I have been re-writing them.

For example, I have documented a number of the modifiers (see www.LimeGreenSocks.com/gcc/Extended-Asm.html#i386Operandmodifiers). Because of concerns expressed in some of gcc's bug reports re asm, I have tried to limit the number of modifiers I doc to those I believe are essential, and commonly useful. I haven't doc'ed %a. Perhaps %c will do what you need?

I haven't had much (actually any) response from the gcc doc people about this effort. But perhaps someday these updates can be rolled back into the docs.

Note: This documentation has not been reviewed for technical accuracy by the gcc team. It should be considered a work in progress.

dw