Re: cannot compute suffix of object files: cannot compile: -a64 unsupported

On 26 November 2013 09:47, dellair jie wrote:
> Dear Jonathan,
>
> Thanks for the reply and information shared.
>
> We are not able to compile the GMP/MPFR/MPC libraries via prerequisite
> script as the server is not connected to internet either. Hence we can
> only compile them separately.

That's not true, you don't need to use the download_prerequisites
script, it just makes it easier. You can still put the sources in the
GCC tree manually to build them in-tree.

> The libraries we compile are static libraries, and after the
> compilation, a "make check" has been done in order for accuracy.

OK, building them static avoids the problem I thought you were having
(but it's still easier to build them in-tree).

> I did follow your guide to check the config.log under sub-directory,
> in this case libgcc, and the log was attached in first email.

> It failed at "Fatal error: -a64 unsupported" and it is very confusing
> cause there's nowhere to find the a64 option in command/arguments.

It also says the option -q32 is not recognised. GCC should not be
trying to use arguments it doesn't recognise, so that suggests the
argument came from your configuration.  Do you have any environment
variables set that contain -q32?  e.g. CFLAGS?  What does this show?
env | fgrep q32