Re: locking.h

Just as a matter of clarification, these calls return some status,
don't they?

int bytes_read=read(fd,buf,count_attempted);
printf("Requested %d bytes, read %d bytes\n",count_attempted,bytes_read);
if (bytes_read<0) {
   // do something
}

?

And i think next in line after some simple diagnostics is to fire up gdb.

my 2 cents only.

dan