Re: Which is the best language for high performance output..

On 01/04/13 17:29, Norah Jones wrote:
Hi,

I have a requirement in  my project which requires a very high
throughput. I need to choose a programming language for this project.
Want to know the opinion if the people which language to select
keeping the fact that development should be fast and throughput is
not compromised.

Thanks, Norah Jones

As others have said, the answer depends on many factors. For example, despite being an interpreted language, Python might be the best choice if you can map the problem onto its numerical methods and array packages, as these will almost certainly be faster than anything you could write yourself in a sensible amount of time. And if you can get the meat of the problem onto a graphics processor, you'll get much higher throughput than you could with languages like C - but only for very specific types of problem.