Re: 4.7.2 install fails on Raspberry Pi

7.3.2013 9:13, Bela Markus kirjoitti:
After spending few days no success to install it. If ARM CPU type and floating not specified either in C/CXX flags or as config options libgcc compile etst with xgcc fails due to unsupported processor instructions. It's clear, can be accepted. Specifying proper options xgcc test fail due to mismatch of cpu specifications. It is a 4.7.2 specific bug as same build script installs 4.6.3 properly.

I tried a cross GCC for 'arm-linux-gnueabihf' (a stripped name for the 'armv6-raspian-linux-gnueabihf') from the FSF gcc-4.6.3 sources and found out that the '-gnueabihf' etc. weren't understood in the
pristine FSF sources but three patchfiles (.diff) were required!

So, expecting also the gcc-4.7.2 sources to require extra patches for the '-eabihf' case would be wise...

When researching via net how others had built their Raspberry Pi targeted toolchains, I saw really weird "you must reinvent the wheel again" instructions like rebuilding the eglibc in Raspberry Wheezy, the Linux-distro for Raspberry Pi I used as the "target". The SD-card install had the prebuilt eglibc, ok, a little customized Debian-like one keeping things in 'arm-linux-gnueabihf' subdirectories instead of the standard places, but in any case it was prebuilt and required only copying it onto the cross host...
For instance :
http://www.gurucoding.com/en/pc_cross_compiler/index.php
The info for finding the patches however was there :
http://www.gurucoding.com/en/rpi_cross_compiler/downloading_files.php
pointing to the :
http://www.gurucoding.com/en/rpi_cross_compiler/downloads/patches-for-raspberry-pi-toolchain.tar.gz

Maybe I will try gcc-4.7.2 next, actually I already tried the pristine FSF sources already at the same time
with the gcc-4.6.3 ones and they gave just the same error :
"sorry, unimplemented: -mfloat-abi=hard and VFP"
when configuring libgcc...