Re: GCC and Intel Xeon Phi (Intel MIC) support

On 3/21/2013 4:23 PM, Bharath Ramesh wrote:
I am working on a research project for which I require using GCC compiler and I am also using Intel Xeon Phi (aka Intel MIC) co-processor cards. Looking at the Intel's website it states changes have been committed to GCC [1]. I was wondering which version of GCC supports it and what flag should I add for it to generate code that can run on the Intel Xeon Phi cards. If I have to compile GCC to support it what flags do I pass to it while building GCC. Really appreciate any help on this.

[1] http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-and-third-party-tools-and-libraries-available-with-support-for-intelr-xeon-phitm

This gcc doesn't support the parallel floating point instructions (as your reference says), and several linux components normally built with it are de-featured. The cross-compiled gcc is supplied with the coprocessor linux installation.

--
Tim Prince