Re: Minimum debug options?

On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 10:46 AM, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 16 March 2013 05:51, Raymond Jennings wrote:
>> What is the minimum debug level/options I need to compile a shared
>> library with enough debug info to allow gdb to produce a stack trace?
>
> -g should work

For what it's worth, the gold linker has a strip-debug-non-line that
preserves only what is needed to get a stack trace.

I believe the google branches of GCC have a -gmlt option that
generates only enough debug info to get a stack trace.  I don't think
that option has been contributed back to main line yet.

Ian