Using libstdc++.so with a newer version of glibc without recompiling

Hi,

I have a question regarding the dependency of libstdc++.so.6 on libc.so.6:

If changing the underlying glibc version libc.so.6 is pointing to to a
higher version (e.g. from libc-2.4.so to libc-2.7.so), is it expected that
the libstdc++.so.6 will still work correctly when used by a program? Or is
it necessary to recompile GCC under the new glibc and all our with this
new GCC as well?

The background to this question is that I need to compile a C++ program that
uses a shared library which requires a newer version of glibc than the one
that is present in the system. I cannot change the system's glibc nor the
GCC, so I try to figure out a way to do this by using my own version of
glibc without changing anything else.

Best regards,

Heiko