Re: GCC compiler for ANDROID Nexus7

On 02/19/2013 05:47 PM, Tobias Burnus wrote:
> Andrew Haley wrote:
>> On 02/15/2013 01:13 PM, Jerome Huck wrote:
>>> There seems to be some versions of GCC for ANDROID C/C++/Pascal working
>>> or even Fortran, see the attached links. Can we hope one day to have
>>> some official release?
>>
>> I can't see why not, but it'll require someone to contribute the code
>> and commit to maintaining it.  I haven't seen any volunteers.
>
> It also depends what you mean by "official". The GCC project
> (gcc.gnu.org) does not provide any official binaries, only the source code.

Indeed, but what does any of this have to do with binaries?  The
question asked was about an official release of GCC for Android.
Of course, that would be a source release.

The next question would be who would package GCC for Android, but
that's not such a big deal once it's integrated into the GCC
codebase.

Andrew.