Re: GCC 4.7.2 build failure

On 16.2.2013 6:31, Bharath Ramesh wrote:

If I just use the prerequisites it compiles without any issues.
However, when I try to compile by adding CLooG to the build
process it breaks still exactly in the same way.

When I start compiling stage cloog configure fails with same
error of being unable to find gmp.h.

So you expect that after putting cloog sources into the GCC sources,
the build process will automagically find the gmp.h in the gmp
sources? Do the GCC docs really say this somewhere?

Checking whether this is the case I only found :

"If you want to build GCC but do not have the GMP library, the
 MPFR library and/or the MPC library installed in a standard
 location and do not have their sources present in the GCC
 source tree..."

Nothing about CLoog...

So my understanding is that there is no quarantee that the gmp.h
should be found after putting the cloog sources into the GCC
sources! Expecting the situation being totally similar with
producing CLoog separately could be a better idea...

Generally your '--prefix=/opt/apps/gcc/4.7.2' causes some issues
when gmp, mpfr and mpc will not be installed into the "standard
locations" ('/usr/include', '/usr/lib'). After your GCC build
and install they really aren't installed for the "native system"
to use...