Re: Installing gcc 4.7.2 on Solaris 10 - SPARC platform

Dennis Clarke-2 wrote
> Success is measured via the testsuite so I would really like to know what
> sort of
> results you managed.  Please.

Do you mean that even if it gets compiled and producing expected output for
a sufficiently large code, it MAY fail to produce correct code all the time?
Bean with my ignorance, I am new to this.

Dennis Clarke-2 wrote
> I have extensive experience with this ...

I know that you have, I already confirmed. :)

Dennis Clarke-2 wrote
> ...however I won't package nor aid in the distribution of a thing which is
> untested.

If running through testsuite is the acid test of certification, then I'd
also not want to package and release unless thoroughly tested. Still I have
the build directory lying on my system. I haven't run a gcc testsuite
earlier. Can you please let me know how to run a testsuite and post the
result back? Is it downloadable from somewhere? How to run it? Apart from
console log, does it produce any other log which I can post back?