Re: Building GCC 4.7.2 on Solaris 10 x86 AMD64 - Getting linker error involving eh_frame

Jim Rice wrote
> solaris-build# $PWD/../gcc-4.7.2/configure --prefix=/opt/gcc-4.7.2
> --with-gnu-as --with-as=/opt/csw/bin/gas \
>                --enable-languages=c,c++ CC='gcc -m64'

./configure -h lists out the following:

> [...]
> build
>
> Some influential environment variables:
>   CC          C compiler command
>   CFLAGS      C compiler flags
>   LDFLAGS     linker flags, e.g. -L
> <lib dir>
>  if you have libraries in a
>               nonstandard directory
> <lib dir>
>   LIBS        libraries to pass to the linker, e.g. -l
> <library>
>   CPPFLAGS    C/C++/Objective C preprocessor flags, e.g. -I
> <include dir>
>  if
>               you have headers in a nonstandard directory
> <include dir>
>   CXX         C++ compiler command
>   CXXFLAGS    C++ compiler flags
>   build_configargs
>               additional configure arguments for build directories
>   host_configargs
>               additional configure arguments for host directories
>   target_configargs
>               additional configure arguments for target directories
>   AR          AR for the host
>   AS          AS for the host
>   DLLTOOL     DLLTOOL for the host
>   LD          LD for the host
>   LIPO        LIPO for the host
>   NM          NM for the host
>   RANLIB      RANLIB for the host
>   STRIP       STRIP for the host
>   WINDRES     WINDRES for the host
>   WINDMC      WINDMC for the host
>   OBJCOPY     OBJCOPY for the host
>   OBJDUMP     OBJDUMP for the host
>   READELF     READELF for the host
>   CC_FOR_TARGET
>               CC for the target
>   CXX_FOR_TARGET
>               CXX for the target
>   GCC_FOR_TARGET
>               GCC for the target
>   GCJ_FOR_TARGET
>               GCJ for the target
>   GFORTRAN_FOR_TARGET
>               GFORTRAN for the target
>   GOC_FOR_TARGET
>               GOC for the target
>   AR_FOR_TARGET
>               AR for the target
>   AS_FOR_TARGET
>               AS for the target
>   DLLTOOL_FOR_TARGET
>               DLLTOOL for the target
>   LD_FOR_TARGET
>               LD for the target
>   LIPO_FOR_TARGET
>               LIPO for the target
>   NM_FOR_TARGET
>               NM for the target
>   OBJDUMP_FOR_TARGET
>               OBJDUMP for the target
>   RANLIB_FOR_TARGET
>               RANLIB for the target
>   READELF_FOR_TARGET
>               READELF for the target
>   STRIP_FOR_TARGET
>               STRIP for the target
>   WINDRES_FOR_TARGET
>               WINDRES for the target
>   WINDMC_FOR_TARGET
>               WINDMC for the target
>
> Use these variables to override the choices made by `configure' or to help
> it to find libraries and programs with nonstandard names/locations.

But here I can't find neither *--with-gnu-as* nor *--with-as* switches.
However I have been able to compile gcc 4.7.2 on Solaris 10. The success
story is here:
http://gcc.1065356.n5.nabble.com/Installing-gcc-4-7-2-on-Solaris-10-SPARC-platform-tp894903p897964.html
<http://gcc.1065356.n5.nabble.com/Installing-gcc-4-7-2-on-Solaris-10-SPARC-platform-tp894903p897964.html>