Re: How to dump all the warning/error messages list from gcc compiler?

On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 1:39 AM, Xiaopi Liu <liuxiaopi349@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Excuse me for the mis-operation. It is the first time to ask question here.
> When I said a unique id corresponding to a warning message, I actually
> refer to some other compiler,  like intel compiler.
> The warning/remark reported in compiling by using intel compiler has a
> corresponding id (a number) for that message.
>

> For GCC, I am now trying to use -fdiagnostics-show-option to show the
> diagnostics which can be used to disable that kind of warning message.
> I mean I can use Wunused-parameter as unique "id" (not necessarily a number)
> for the following kind of message.
> main.cpp:7: warning: unused parameter ‘argc’ [-Wunused-parameter]
>

> I assume that each warning message by GCC can be turned off its
> corresponding unique diagnostics, and so uniquely identified by that
> diagnostics.
> Do you agree with this?

I think that would be nice, but it turns out not to be the case.  A
single GCC warning option may control many options, so the option name
is not unique.  Many GCC warning options are not controlled by any
option, so the option name is not comprehensive.

Ian