Re: Testing a Canadian cross

10/11/2012 17:17, Ángel González:
> On 07/11/12 11:38, Aurelien Buhrig wrote:
>> I suppose I can test such a compiler on the host machine (setting up
>> dejagnu/expect, a site.exp and the target simulator (sid) on the windows
>> host).
>> But in order to centralize on a single machine the build and the test of
>> binary releases for different hosts, I wonder if there is a way to test
>> such a compiler on (or from) the build machine, using an emulator, a
>> RPC-like or whatever.
> You could run the mingw32 compiler using wine.
> It won't be as accurate as running on the target machine, but using an
> emulator wouldn't either. :)

Sorry for my late reply. I was trying to install wine and make it
work... but it does not run as expected. I can execute the canadian
cross compiler when it is installed (using wine in command line), but I
cannot make it work within dejagnu.

My site.exp contains:
set GCC_UNDER_TEST {wine /path/to/<target>-gcc}

and I get:
Executing on host: wine /path/to/<target>-gcc   -O1  -w
-DSTACK_SIZE=1024 -c    -o 20000105-1.o
/path/to/src/gcc/testsuite/gcc.c-torture/compile/20000105-1.c
(timeout = 300)
[[?1h^[=output is:
^[[?1h^[=
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/20000105-1.c  -O0  (test for excess errors)
Excess errors:
^[[?1h^[=
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/20000105-1.c

It seems to be an output issue. Did you get such errors ?

Furthermore I was not able to make it work within the build directory
with a make check, and --tool_exec --tool_opts properly set... It seems
to be a windows-like path issue with xgcc.

Can you tell me more about your testsuite configuration?

Thanks!
Aurélien