Re: --with-gmp, --with-mpfr and/or --with-mpc

On 09/22/12 15:02, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 4:36 PM, Marc Glisse <marc.glisse@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Are you looking for gcc-help@xxxxxxxxxxx?
>
>> mpc-devel ? (not my platform, I don't even know if that package exists, but
>> your grep pattern excludes such a package)
>
> yes, it is "mpc-devel" on suse.
>
> one needs the "-devel" packages of all the requirements.

> $ rpm -q -a|egrep -i 'libmpc|gmp|mpfr'
> mpfr-devel-3.1.0-2.1.3.x86_64      <<<====
> libmpc2-0.8.2-15.1.3.x86_64        <<<====
> gmp-devel-5.0.5-3.3.3.x86_64       <<<====

and I find no libmpc.*devel package either.  I might have posted
this to gcc-help, but that I was pretty sure I had the proper devel
packages -- leastwise for the ones that had devel packages.
I could also have read the configure.ac source code, but I felt
that problems requiring that level of sleuthing was probably more
a GCC developer question rather than a newbie question.

I did go ahead and patch the http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GitMirror
web page to explain that the "git svn init" command shown there
actually requires the user name, rather than it just being "okay".

Anyhow, I had two of the three devel packages and I read the error message:

> checking for the correct version of gmp.h... yes
> checking for the correct version of mpfr.h... yes
> checking for the correct version of mpc.h... yes
> checking for the correct version of the gmp/mpfr/mpc libraries... no
> configure: error: Building GCC requires GMP 4.2+, MPFR 2.4.0+ and MPC 0.8.0+.
> Try the --with-gmp, --with-mpfr and/or --with-mpc options to specify
> their locations.  Source code for these libraries can be found at
> their respective hosting sites as well as at
> ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/infrastructure/.  See also
> http://gcc.gnu.org/install/prerequisites.html for additional info.  If
> you obtained GMP, MPFR and/or MPC from a vendor distribution package,
> make sure that you have installed both the libraries and the header
> files.  They may be located in separate packages.

As you can see, all the headers were found, but the configure
tests inaccurately detected a failing version of one or more
of the libraries.  I believe this to be a configure test problem,
whether caused by things that ought to be done differently
in the configure test or whether caused by stuff stripped out
of the distribution (e.g. a libmpc2.pc file).
Should I ask gcc-help@xxxxxxxxxxx for assistance?

Your help is greatly appreciated!
Thank you.  Regards, Bruce