Re: CLooG hell

Dear Sir,

I find the tone of your letter inappropriate. CAPITALS, "Clear enough yet", "Do you understand that yet?" and similar phrases could be offensive to some people. If you directed it toward a young man, it could have devastating results for that young spirit.

However, I'm not here to argue with you, I'm here to get some help - I believe that is the reason that some wise guy named this mailing list gcc-help, but it seems that nobody recalls why these days.

Now, I'd like to write something to the people willing to actually help, if there are such.

I'm using help from http://gcc.gnu.org/install/ when trying to build gcc from files I got with the following command (and my intention was to get graphite, framework for HL mem optimizations, maybe I got something wrong, I don't know):

svn co svn://gcc.gnu.org/svn/gcc/branches/graphite graphite

I've also tried and successfully built gcc 4.6.3, gcc 4.7.1 and gcc 4.8.0 without graphite support. Now I wanted the graphite framework included in the build, in order to test optimizations provided.

I'm stuck with something I don't have time to investigate, so I'm kindly asking for help, if there is competent person, willing to hear and track the issue with me. My ultimate goal is working gcc (with latest libraries if possible, if not - say so - don't write "libppl 0.11 or later" if it actually requires "libppl 0.11 ONLY", I believe that we need clarification on this - google and you'll find that I'm not the only one having trouble with this issue) and g++ supporting these new optimization methods.

Kind regards,
Vladimir