Re: statically linked gcc binaries

Hi Jonathan, thank you for your answer,

On 07/09/2012 07:48 PM, Jonathan Wakely wrote:

> Do you even need ppl and cloog?  They're optional, and most people
> don't need them.

I'm trying to build a static version of the same specific toolchains we already use for specific versions of our SDK, so
that it is easy to install, freeze and backup. As we have been using GCC with ppl and cloog, we need to keep it to
produce the same binaries from the same sources as much as possible.
Besides, execution speed is important to us so loop optimization is a good thing to have.

> Are you aware you can put the GMP, MPFR and MPC sources in the GCC
> source tree and they will automatically be built and linked to
> statically?  i.e. using the download_prerequisites script as described
> at http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/InstallingGCC -- that's considerably easier
> than separately installing those libraries by hand (but doesn't work
> for cloog and ppl IIRC)

I was aware that they could be put in GCC's source tree but didn't know that they would be statically linked.
Anyway, as GMP is needed for cloog and ppl, I have to build it independently before GCC.

regards,
--
Emmanuel