Re: statically linked gcc binaries

On 9 July 2012 17:33, Emmanuel BOUAZIZ wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to build differents ARM gcc compiler suites for x86_64 linux host.
>
> I'd like it to be linked statically to gmp, mpfr, mpc, libelf, ppl and cloog, so that it's easy to install and behaves
> the same independently of the libraries versions installed on the host.

Do you even need ppl and cloog?  They're optional, and most people
don't need them.

> So, I build each library with the '--disable-shared' switch, and finally build GCC with 'LDFLAGS=-static'

Are you aware you can put the GMP, MPFR and MPC sources in the GCC
source tree and they will automatically be built and linked to
statically?  i.e. using the download_prerequisites script as described
at http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/InstallingGCC -- that's considerably easier
than separately installing those libraries by hand (but doesn't work
for cloog and ppl IIRC)